Drew and I were drawn together by our interest in teaching whole-novels versus excerpts. In this episode, we review some feedback on the issue from the #ELAOK Facebook community (which can be found by CLICKING HERE) and research on reading (which is also available in the link).
I was most impressed with Drew’s practical strategies for teaching reading. (After recording this episode, I want to kidnap a classroom and try teaching with literature circles!) I hope you enjoy! Don’t forget about the show links and notes at the bottom of the page.
Also, learn more from Drew on Twitter at @drewprice11!
Stay engaged with all past and upcoming episodes by subscribing to the podcast via iTunes (for iOS), Stitcher (for Android), and/or SoundCloud. Share the podcast with a friend and discuss with your PLC! Be sure to leave a comment in the SoundCloud stream or in the comment box at the bottom of the page.
- PC Instructional Coach Blog (a.k.a. Drew’s blog!)
- Pocket App – great reading app for students and you! Available on Android and iOS.
- Facebook Follow-Up #2 – feedback from Oklahoma teachers and links to research about today’s topic
- The Book Club Companion – book referenced in today’s episode
- Tai Lopez – YouTuber referenced in today’s episode