Our state is lucky to have education leaders like Brook Meiller! Full disclosure: Brook is a personal mentor of mine, but I can’t keep her all to myself. It just wouldn’t be right! She has so much to share and will inspire any listener, whether you’re a teacher, parent, or administrator.
Don’t forget to follow and learn from Brook via Twitter and leave some feedback in the comment box at the bottom of the page or via SoundCloud. Share three takeaways that either affirmed, challenged, or changed your view on teaching. Also, tell a friend and subscribe (via iTunes or Stitcher) to engage with more education mentors and leaders!
- 2:39 – Professional Self-Reflection
- 7:20 – Desire to “Fix” Students
- 10:50 – How to Implement New
- 12:50 – The Essential Reflection Questions
- 15:40 – Common Assessments
- 17:20 – Giving Students Feedback
- 20:00 – Continuous Learning: How To
- 24:40 – Technology and Literacy
- 32:00 – Why we teach structured writing
- 33:00 – How to Create Relationships with Students
- 41:00 – How to Teach Reading and Writing
- 44:30 – Phonics and Whole Language Reading
- 47:30 – How to Teach Reading
- 48:30 – Advocacy Problems and Solutions