PD On Your Plan presents…
- Increase understanding of shifts in future assessment items
- Align current classroom practices to academic standards shifts
- Review resources and tools to support alignment
Target Audience: 3-12 ELA Teachers
Session Descriptions: This session intends to increase understanding of assessment shifts and provide guidance for instructional practices for English language arts classes aligned to the new academic standards for grades 3-12. Participants will review sample assessment items, share supporting classroom strategies, and discuss alignment to the Oklahoma Academic Standards.
MATERIALS [All Materials Available via DropBox] Continue reading
About How I Teach
There is a lot to learn from each other. How I Teach is a segment of ELAOKTeachers.com determined to highlight the best practices of innovative Oklahoma educators. Watch, listen, and reflect on the best practices and insights from your fellow educators. Respond with your own insights by posting at the bottom of the page. (Also available in YouTube format.)
Name: Peter Markes
Schools: Edmond North High School, Cheyenne Middle School, Sequoyah Middle Schools
“Be organized and be patient; the former begets the latter.”
- What aspects of Peter’s philosophies do you find most significant?
- What ideas can you adopt to improve your education practices?
At the 2014 REAC3H Summit in Norman (2.19.14), four awesome Oklahoma elementary educators presented student writing samples, strategies, and answered questions about writing instruction for Pre-Kindergarten to 5th grade students.
A special thanks to the following teachers for taking time to come share with everyone:
- Dena Doolin, Pre-Kindergarten Teacher
- Heather Pogue, Kindergarten Teacher
- Yasmin Hoover, Third Grade Teacher
- Michelle Sybolt, Fourth and Fifth Grade Teacher
Each teacher did a great job showing the progression of student writing and discussing how they foster high expectations in the classroom.
They also provided some great handouts! You can access their handouts and information via Evernote by CLICKING HERE.
Thank you for attending the 2014 REAC3H Summit!
Filed under News, Resources